Application can be assigned a shortcut key in Windows 10. The application would launch when the combo of keys is pressed which you entered as the shortcut key for that application.
To create shortcut key for any application in Windows 10:
- Right-click the program icon and select the Properties.
- Select the shortcut tab.
- Click in shortcut key textbox.
- Enter the keyboard shortcut for that program.
- Press Apply and exit.
Follow the screenshots below.
1. Right-click the program icon and select the Properties.
2. Select the shortcut tab.
3. Click in shortcut key textbox.
4. Enter the keyboard shortcut for that program.
5. Press Apply and exit.
Use the keyboard shortcut combo to launch the application like the way I have used a combo keys Ctrl+Alt+C to launch Chrome application, other applications can also be launched using shortcut keys. Same thing can be done in Windows 7.